Keep your hair looking perfect at GREAT Hairdressing salons in Sussex & Kent
The expert stylists at GREAT Hairdressing salons in Sussex & Kent will always give you great-looking, head-turning hair cuts, styles and colour, but between your hair appointments how can you give your hair style staying power?
Here are our top tips to keep your curls, plaits and upstyles looking like you just stepped out of a salon – every day!
Keep Your Upstyle Up
- Keep your upstyle secure by doubling up on bobby pins. Place them in a criss-cross and they will hold your hair in place longer.
- Don’t like your pins to show? Try using sparkly jewelled pins or cover up the bobby pins with a pretty hair accessory.
- Spray hairspray onto your hair brush and run it through your hair to tame fly-away strands – perfect if you want a slick and perfectly polished updo.
- Give your upstyle the wow factor by adding a cool faux hair piece. Maybe add a thick plait as a halo braid, or some clip in (or real) hair extensions for volume or a shot of extra colour.
Keep Your Waves Curly
- Curly hair always looks fabulous but, after a few hours of dancing, your curls may start to droop or, worse, become frizzy. Combat this by styling your curls the day after you’ve shampooed – the curls will hold as your hair won’t be as soft and slippery.
- Curl your hair in sections, applying a setting lotion to each section before curling with a wand or tongs. Pin your curl with a bobby pin so it’s tightly wrapped up and let it cool before releasing it.
- Finally, finish off with a good spritz of hair spray.
- Don’t be tempted to fiddle with your hair as this will make the curls drop out faster.
Keep Your Braids In Place
Braids look gorgeous, but can often misbehave and slip from their original position. This is especially true if you have fine or thin hair, but does also happen if you have thicker hair. Try these tips to keep your braids in place:
- Add some product before you style to make it grip better. Hair sea salt sprays or dry shampoos work well for this.
- Spritz hairspray onto your hair and blow dry it into shape before braiding.
- Bear in mind that tighter plaits will stay in place for longer than loose plaits.
- Use bobby pins to the first part of your plait to hold it in place. You can hide any pins that are showing by adding pretty hair accessories to your braid, like fake flowers.